Ruth King and Paul Potratz talk about seven tips to survive your business and when is the right time to start a business.
Ruth’s Favorite Quote:
“When rotten things happen, you pick yourself up, you dust yourself off and you keep going.”
- You learn so much more by actually doing it than you would ever learn by putting something on a piece of paper.
- Don’t put your toe in the water. Jump in with both feet and do it.
- Be your own banker.
- If you don’t lead your people well, you will be in trouble.
- If you have the passion and are doing what you want to be doing, and focus on what you want to be doing, put the next big thing in the back of your mind to improve what you are doing now.
In This Podcast We Discuss:
- Know Your Market
- 2 Types of Small Businesses
- Is Now the Right Time to Start a Business?
- Your Company is Not Temporary
- Use Your Available Resources
- Know Your Numbers
- Know Your Customers
- Know Your Employees
- You Can’t Do It All
- Have Enough Cash
- Be Ready To Adapt To Change
Ruth’s Suggested Readings:
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Become a Student of Success by Napoleon Hill
- The Power of Why by Amanda Lang
- Moonshot by John Scully